Finding new ways to engage kids in their learning has become a passion of mine and will be the driving force from here on in. And since school is in session, hopefully this weblog can be a source of discussion as I plan, share the successes and failures, and reflect on what’s happening and why.
Here are some of my goals in this area:
- to honor the knowledge that students and their parents can bring to the classroom
- to find ways to make the learning more meaningful to them by offering them choices and giving students the tools needed to take control of their learning.
- to provide opportunities for collaboration with different communities of learners, educators, and experts in the field
- to provide opportunities to write for a real audience
- make the planning process transparent – encouraging student and parent involvement
- Making reflection (from both student and teachers) a regular part of the learning and teaching process
I hope you'll participate in this project as well. Please leave a comment to share your thoughts, experiences, and best practices.